Essential things to be remembered, while making a RASCI matrix.
• Ensure a RASCI is going to be helpful for the project, think about how the RASCI will be used and why.
• Pick your model, and make sure you know the terms. Make sure you have a description for these terms to hand as you work through, or to share together with the chart.
• Make sure that only one role should be marked as Accountable, and not a full group to make sure that a sole person is an owner rather than multiple people who can lead to misperception and slower decision making.
• Informed isn’t necessarily everyone on the project, it’s those that the task or deliverable will have an impact on or those with a vested interest.
• Even if you create the draft of the RASCI, don’t do it alone. Get core project stakeholders to feed in.
The RASCI model – is an excellent project management tool that illustrates the type of input each stakeholder or group of stakeholders is going to have. But alone it isn’t enough. You have to involve stakeholders beyond the network for the project to be a success.
Though, RASCI provides you with a starting point in identifying and categorizing stakeholders, so you can then appropriately engage and work with them.
Download Project Management PowerPoint Presentation to convince the benefits of different project management strategies. You can use differently created project management tools and techniques to enhance your team’s productivity. There isn’t a huge amount of variance between the models in terms of what they are trying to achieve, so frequently you can just review the types and then pick which you prefer or which suits the project best.